- Fast for better pictures and Full HD video (2); (2) Full HD (1920x1080)...
- Great choice for compact to mid-range point-and-shoot cameras
- From 32GB to 256GB (1) to store tons of pictures and even more Full HD...
- Exceptional video recording performance with UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) (5) and...
Last update on 2022-03-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
As a smartphone user, I am almost sure you have come across the term Unmount SD Card if you have been using your MicroSD card to expand the phone’s storage capacity. Before learning how to unmount SD Card, it’s also good to know the term Unmounting SD Card means.
Unmounting SD Card refers to the act of the phone or computer’s operating system, giving up control of the MicroSD card. In this state, the SD Card can safely remove from the phone or computer without the risk of causing damage.
Mounting SD Card, on the other hand, would imply that the phone’s or the computer’s operating system can read the SD Card, hence having control of it in terms of reading and writing operations to it. In this state, the SD Card is fully integrated into the device, and it is ready for use.
Types of SD Cards
There are three major categories of SD Cards. These are the SD, SD High Capacity (SDHCTM), and SD Extended Capacity (SDXCTM). SD capacities range from 128 MB to 2GB and are capable of working in all devices that support SD, SDHC, and SDXC.
SDHC capacities range from 4GB to 32GB. It is also worth noting that SDHC cards are not compatible with all devices. SDXC capacities, on the other hand, range from 64GB to a whopping 2TB.
This card is available from capacities of 32GB to 512GB. San Disk Ultra has an ability ranging from 8GB to 512GB. Many folks opt for this because it is relatively affordable and has read speeds of up to 100MB/s. Lexar Professional 1000x capacity varies from 32GB to 256GB. It’s isn’t using or storing game data and shooting of 4K videos.
How Do You Remove SD Card From Galaxy S5?
Tap on the setting, then go to the system and open storage. When you get storage, then scroll down and tap on unmount SD card to remove the memory card. Sometimes phone malfunction and useless memory card main cause to quarry how to unmount SD card galaxy s5. Now, if you want more details, then check in bellow.
- Go to the home screen by press the Home button of galaxy s5.
- Find out the settings menu and Tap on the Settings gear menu icon.
- Scroll down and stay on System Menu options.
- On the System section, there has some important section, but we need the Storage section. To find out storage settings.
- Tap on storage settings. It will be show details about the storage screen.
- Now scroll down and find out Unmount SD Card. This option is an essential matter. If you want to, how do you unmount a memory card?
- Now Tap on Unmount SD card. When you tap on Unmount SD card, you will confirm that some apps will not work if you unmount the memory card. Don’t afraid, just ignore the phone screen message. Tap on the OK button.
- Once you unmount the memory card, then turn off your Galaxy s5 cell phone. Hold your Samsung device and remove the back cover (If you are careless, then accidentally broken phone cover during remove of the back cover).
- After removing the back cover, now attention on the battery corner’s upper right side has MicroSD card slot cover and card visible. The down part is the sim card slot, and the upper part is the memory card slot.
- Pull down back the memory card slot cover and remove the memory card.
- Job is done sd card unmounted, but now some of the apps did not work for memory card disconnects. When you insert your card into your Android device, then it will be work.
If you have any confusion about How Do You Remove SD Card From Galaxy S5? ask me in the comment section.
How to Unmount SD Card Galaxy S7
Go to settings and tap on Storage. There has a tringle option tap this button. Scroll down and tap on unmount button. If you have more details about how to unmount SD card galaxy S7, check it below.
- Press the home button to the back home screen.
- Tap on the Apps button. It’s located on the button corner side of the phone home screen.
- Now go to settings. There has an essential option for unmounting SD card galaxy S7 that the option name is Storage.
- Please tap on the Storage option, it will be open a new tab, and there has a tringle button.
- Click on that triangle button. It contains internal Storage and portable storage details.
- Notice below the portable Storage there have one and SD card options. Click on the option.
- Tap on the SD card option then you will notice Unmount and Format option. Now tap on unmount button.
- Now mount sd card s7 problem is solved.
How to Unmount SD Card S8
Go to settings menu and find out device maintenance. There has some important section now tap on Storage. That storage option has an SD card section, and it contains storage settings. On that section, you have to unmount the button, just tap that button. If you want more about how to unmount SD card S8, then check-in below in the details.
- Tap on the home button to back in the home screen.
- Swap down to tap on the Settings gear menu icon.
- Scroll down and find out the Device Maintenance section.
- Now tap on the Device maintenance option.
- Notice at the bottom of the phone screen. There have four-section Battery, Performance, Storage, Memory, and Device Security.
- Tap on the storage option. It will be an open new option. Just scroll down and tap on SD Card.
- When you tap on the SD Card, then notice in the upper right-hand side has three vertical dots. Now tap on the dots.
- When you tap on dots, then it will be open to Storage settings. Tap on Storage settings.
- Now scroll down and tap on the Triangle icon.
- Now scroll down and notice Unmount Button. Now tap on the button.
- Now unmount sd card s8 complete.
Galaxy S8 SD Card Slot
If you are using Galaxy S8, you should know where the SD Card slot is so that knowing the android unmount sd card would be beneficial to you. The Galaxy S8 SD Card slot is at the top of the device. You will need to insert an Ejection tool into a tiny circular aperture at the top, then ejecting a tray having both SIM and SD Cards slots.
Galaxy S8 SD Card Capacity
Galaxy S8 can have its internal Storage expanded by an SD Card to a capacity of up to 256GB by inserting an SD Card. That should be quite enough to create sufficient space for the effective running of the phone.
Galaxy S8 Micro SD
In spite of having to learn how to unmount SD Card, it’s also wise having an idea of the best Micro SD Cards to use in Galaxy S8 depending on the purpose you want to use them. For example.
- If you wish to SD Cards with the highest reading speeds, then you should consider SandiskExtreme Pro, Sandisk Extreme and Sandisk Extreme Plus.
- If you want to SD Cards with high writing speeds, then you should find Sandisk ExtremePro, Samsung Pro+, and Samsung Pro Select.
Having looked at that, let’s see how to unmount SD Card. Follow the steps outlined below.
- On your Home Screen, go to Apps then go to Settings.
- Go to device maintenance.
- Proceed to Storage.
- Tap the three vertical dots and go to Storage settings.
- Tap SD Card and select Unmount.
How to Unmount SD Card S9
- Tap on the home button.
- Swap down-home screen of galaxy s9 and tap on the settings.
- Tap after settings. It will be showing a bunch of settings lists. On that list, select and tap on the Device Maintenance section.
- The device maintenance section contains a couple of sections Battery, Performance mode, Storage, Memory, Device Security. On this section, tap on the Storage section.
- Now Notice the top of the phone screen right-hand corner. There have three vertical dots. Tap on that vertical dots.
- On that vertical dots contains three more settings Storage settings, Get more space, Update. Now tap on Storage settings.
- After tapping on that settings, it will be open a new tab, and there has an SD card unmount option. Now tap on the SD card unmount section. You will get a confirmation message.
- Click on the MOUNT button.
- Unmount SD card android is complete.
How to Unmount SD Card in Android Phones.
- Insert the SD card into your Android device.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Storage, then proceed to SD Card.
- Click Mount SD Card to complete the process.
It is also worth mentioning that you can reformat your SD Card before going ahead to mount it in your device. It will create the space needed for you to transfer files, folders, or even apps to the SD Card.
What Happens If You Remove Sd Card Without Unmounting?
Apart from knowing how to unmount SD Card, you might come across a situation where you try mounting the SD Card in your device but to no avail. It means that your device cannot read the SD Card. It could be as a result of some issues, such as the SD card unexpectedly removed.
Other parts some times we are remove SD card without unmounting card then usr face the question What Happens If You Remove SD Card Without Unmounting? Now check the point and avoid it.
- The SD Card could have damaging.
- The process of formatting the SD Card isn’t done correctly.
- The SD Card could have corrupted.
- The SD Card could be having a virus.
How to Repair Undetected Micro Sd Card
If the two methods don’t work, then the probability that the card has been corrupted or infected is quite high.
This situation is very frustrating because you can’t forecast its occurrence. It is causing a loose connection between the SD Card and the device. Hence the update SD Card unexpectedly removed. It could have resulted from updating your device to a new android version, or the device might have fallen so badly. You can solve this by.
- Try inserting the card into another device.
- Connect the SD card to the PC using a Card Reader.
- Formatting the SD Card using a computer.
- Restarting your phone.
- Clear Caches.
- Unmount and mount the SD Card.
In conclusion, you are now familiar with how to unmount SD Card from your device. In case you encounter challenges in methods failing to read the SD Card, you could refer back to the discussion in this article and rectify the issues.