There are times when we have to block text messages from a known or an unknown annoying person. If you have also come across this sort of situation, you might, at some point, want to know how to unblock text messages from that person.
Well, if that is your question, I have got you covered. Today I will answer some frequently asked questions on the internet, including how to retrieve blocked text messages on android and how to unblock messages on iPhone.
If you have any of the above questions in your mind besides our primary problem of unblocking SMS messages, this article will answer them to clear your doubts and confusion.
Unblocking text messages on devices like Samsung, iPhone, OnePlus, Huawei, Google, LG, Nokia, Sony, HTC, and Motorola is quite simple and easy. You need to follow a series of simple steps to unblock inappropriate messages on your device.
It does not matter what variant of the device you are using. The processes are the same for different variants of a device including AT&T Mobility, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, and US Sprint Corporation.
Well, after all discussed, let us move on to the actual point. I will explain the process for Android as well as iOS devices. Make sure to follow each step carefully to successfully unblock contacts or an unknown number to receive individual messages from it.
How to Unblock Text Messages on an Android Device.
How to unblock message blocking on android; the method is quite simple and easy. In seconds you will be able to unblock contacts or anyone you now want to receive text messages from anyone. Follow these simple steps on your Samsung Android device to unblock messages.
- Open the Messages(normal text messages) application on your Android device.
- Tap the More options, usually three dots on the upper-right corner in the messages application(Messages settings).
- Tap Settings icon in the drop-down menu.
- Now you will be greeted with numerous options that you can use to change the settings and behavior of the Messages application on your phone.
- Choose the “Block numbers and Messages” option. You are most likely to find this option on Samsung Android devices. It can be different on other devices.
- Now tap on Block numbers in the contact list that appears on the screen.
- Here you will see all the numbers that you have blocked till now.
- You will also see a cross or “-“sign in front of the number you had blocked earlier. By tapping on this option, the number will be removed from the blocked numbers list.
- Now you will receive texts messages from the number you just removed from the blocked numbers list.
Hence you have learned how to unblock text messages on an Android device by following a series of steps.
How to Unblock Text Messages on an iPhone.
The process of an iPhone is quite simple. Follow these steps to successfully unblock text messages from anyone you recently blocked.
- Grab your iPhone and open the Settings application on it.
- Scroll down to the Messages application menu in Settings
- Tap Messages. You will see a list of spam text messages of options.
- Choose Blocked (unwanted text messages).
- Here you will see all those iPhone numbers you have blocked for not receiving any texts message from them. Swipe right to left on the contact number that you now want to unblock. Tap the Unblock button.
That’s it. You are good to go. Now you will receive text messages from the number you how to unblock messages on iPhone.
How to Block Text Messages on Galaxy S5 Verizon.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon variant and want to block text messages on it, follow these steps.
- Open the Messages application on your Galaxy S5.
- Open the chat of the person you want to block.
- Tap the menu button (three dots on the upper right corner).
- Tap on Add to spam numbers.
- Block unwanted text messages and Blocked Contacts.
That’s all. You have successfully blocked text messages from that person on your Galaxy S5. The method of blocking text messages is similar in most Samsung devices.
The blocked numbers go to Spam filters on Galaxy devices. If you can’t find a spam filter on Galaxy S5, don’t worry. It might be disabled from settings. You can enable it easily from settings.
Hence, if you have no spam filter on Galaxy S5, consider following these steps.
- Go to the Messages application on your Galaxy S5.
- Tap the 3 dots to access the drop-down menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Now you have to locate and then activate the Spam filter(Filtered Messages) option.
Once you do this, you will become able to easily block text messages on your Samsung Galaxy S5 and other similar devices.
How to Retrieve Blocked Text Messages on Samsung.
To retrieve blocked text messages on your Samsung device, follow these steps.
- Open the Messages application.
- Press the Menu button. Choose Spam messages option.
- Here you will be able to view all blocked messages.
How to Remove Yourself from Group Text on Galaxy S5.
If you are annoyed by group chats, you can easily remove yourself by simply deleting the group from your Messages app on Galaxy S5. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Messages app.
- Open the specific group chat.
- Press the 3 dots button on the upper right corner.
- Tap on Delete.
After reading the above content, I hope the questions many of your problems, including how to unblock text messages and how to block text messages on Samsung, have been answered. To successfully carry out the blocking or unblocking action, I recommend you to carefully study and then follow each of the above steps mentioned.