When you sell your Nintendo device or buy a second-hand Nintendo device, you need to know how to reset Nintendo switch. In this guide, I’m going to explore how to reset Nintendo switch.
Suppose you are having some pretty severe problems with your switch. You are want to know how to factory reset Nintendo switch without a new pin. So let’s go and start the guide.
How to reset your Nintendo Switch before selling it
- Hold down the Power push button on the top of the switch to access the power menu.
- If you can’t bring up a little screen, go to the power options settings menu, and then turn off.
- You can hold down the power menu. A little bit longer, it’ll turn off the Switch. This should be turned off right now.
- Enter your Switch into recovery mode, hold down the power menu, the volume up, and the volume down for about three or four seconds until you see the Nintendo’s switch boot-up screen.
- So let’s go ahead and hold down all the buttons simultaneously; that will need about five or six seconds it’s going to take. When the switch screen wakeup then released the power menu and held the volume buttons.
- You will notice the first screen and wait to see the Gaming active console boot up screen.
- When coming up the Switch boot up screen appear then release all the button.
- Now you can see some option update system, Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data, Initialize Console.
- So if you pretty much want to perform how to hard reset Nintendo switch without losing your data. You can go to Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data option. So the data and screenshot in the system memory will be deleted, restoring the council to factory settings save data. Screenshots, videos, and other user information will not be deleted.
- Go to the Initialize Console option. It is a way to reset Nintendo switch. This option will clean right everything in your gaming active console.
- Click on the continue button.
- Now login with your Nintendo account.
- Enjoy console to factory reset fun.
- How To Connect Nintendo Switch To TV.
- How To Charge Nintendo Switch.
- How to Setup Elgato HD60s.
- Best Gaming Eardbud.
- Best Nintendo Switch Games.
- How to Stream Nintendo Switch.
How To Soft Reset Nintendo Switch
Suppose you find that your Gaming console has become unresponsive or even freezes. You can follow this guide on how to soft reset Nintendo switch. Soft reset means that you are forcing the Nintendo switch to turn itself off to perform.
Let’s start step by step process of soft reset Nintendo switch.
- Simply hold down the gaming active console power button for 15 seconds to access the power menu. At the end of 15 seconds, the screen on the Nintendo switch will go blank.
- We can now turn the Switch back on. You can see that the active console is now reloading and returned to the login screen.
- Now login with your credential information with your Nintendo account.
This is the simple process of soft reset Nintendo switch.
How To Reset Nintendo Switch Without Losing Games
Nintendo gaming console is a modern home gaming console it with have many popular games. Its users have been using it for a long time, so it is often seen that it hangs suddenly and needs to be reset. So in this section, I will explore how to reset Nintendo switch without losing game saves data.
- At first, you need to enter the maintenance mode. This mode can only be accessed if you first Power down the Console. Power down the Nintendo gaming console; you need to hold the power button down for five seconds. The Console will now display Two Type menu options. In the displays of the predictive menu, you need to select power options not Sleep Mode.
- Click on the Power Options.
- Your entire console will show two options 1) Restart 2) Power Off and chose the Power Off option. Actually, accessing the maintenance mode is a little bit fiddly, but with the Console powered down.
- Now need to hold down both volume control buttons with hold down the power button. When you release the power button, keep the volume button held down. You will be keeping the volume control buttons held down until the Console enters the recovery menu.
- Within maintenance mode, there are three settings 1) update system, 2) Restore Factory Settings without Deleting Save data, and 3) Restore Factory Settings. We’re going to chose Restore Factory Settings without Deleting Save data.
- You are first warned that the system memory data will be deleted, restoring the Console back to factory settings. But save data screenshots and user information will not be deleted. We’re asked to note that any software data saved to micro SD cards. It will become unusable that the system version will not change and that any deleted software and DLCs. We will have to be re-downloaded from the Nintendo eShop. Click Next Button.
- It’s presented with another screen instruction, “Are you sure you want to restore the console to factory settings?” and displayed another option Restore Factory Settings without Deleting Save Data. Then have to confirm that we wish to hard reset Nintendo switch without deleting saved data.
- When we chosethat option, we’re informed that the factory settings have been restored, and the game console will restart in three seconds.
- Waite three seconds and get a solution of how to reset Nintendo switch without losing games.
- Now login to your Nintendo account and enjoy console to factory reset fun.
How To Reset Nintendo Switch Lite
Factory reset Nintendo gaming console is effortless to do. When do we need to sell or give up that game’s console friends or someone, then we need to know how to reset Nintendo switch lite? Almost all kinds of software and gaming providers release updates to improve their products.
Because of this update gaming console hangs sometimes. For all these reasons, it is necessary to factory reset Nintendo switch. In this guide, we will explore step by easy step process of how to reset Nintendo switch.
- Press on the home button and go to Home Screen.
- Tap on the gear icon. This gear icon name is “System settings. “
- Press A Button from the Switches to chose enter System settings.
- Next, go down to settings, and you will notice the “System” Option. Now click on System Option.
- Move to the right-hand side and down to the last bottom—their screen instructions formatting options.
- Now click on the formatting options for the factory reset switch.
- Go all the way down to the last one, which screen instructions say initialize Console. So go ahead and tap on that or press on the option.
- Scroll down, go all the way down to where it says next and Tap on this option.
- Go to the initialize option and Tap on the option.
- We have to let it sit, and this will take between like usually about, 10 minutes in total. Once it’s done, so wait 10 minutes.
How To Reset Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
Gaming too much and what kind of games is child playing. Again, all the games children are not allowed to play are like games they are well played or not play. Nintendo gaming console parental controls to the rescue parents to keep monitoring kids in gaming times.
If you don’t know the pin code or you have like other problems with games. Sometimes it needs to be important how to reset Nintendo switch parental controls. Nintendo gaming console parental controls reset is not so hard. Just follow my guide and arrange a smartphone.
- Power ON your Nintendo console.
- Go to the Home screen and click on Parental Controls. You will get some option that’s want to pin code, and you use to your Joycons.
- At this time, you have to need an Android tablet or an Apple tablet (iPhone or Android smartphone). It doesn’t matter.
- Grab your smartphone and download the parental controls app from above the link (if you already have it, just ignore this step).
- Open your Nintendo Switch parental controls app, and you need to go to settings.
- Now go to Pin Code. You will see your pen codes, and you can also change the pin code. If you have been changed the pin code, then you will get the confirmation email.
- Grabs your Nintendo switch family switch console and click on the Nintendo gaming console parental controls icon.
- Input the right pin code and press the OK button to confirm. Now you will see your parental control has been temporarily disabled.
- If you want to turn off Nintendo, switch parental controls future completely. Go to the system settings menu.
- Now scroll down and select Parental Controls.
- Attention on the right-hand side and scroll down to select Unlink App. Once you click on unlike the app, you will get these instructions “The Parental Controls PIN is required.”
- Again enter your pin code. You will get the predictive text instructions; just tap on the Unlink button (Remember, if you click on unlink, your Nintendo Switch parental controls will be deleted).
- Press the OK button and now solved your problem of how to reset Nintendo switch parental controls.
How to factory reset a Nintendo Switch
If you have the any problems with my guide so checkout the YouTube video.
The hard reset Nintendo switch is not so hard; I think all gamers can do it easily switch to factory reset. If you have any questions about how to factory reset Nintendo switch without pin, guide feel free to ask in the comment section.