- HIGH PERFORMANCE, REAL-TIME, TRUE HD – Experience magnificent full-HD...
- SMARTER SECURITY – Receive motion alert notifications, review footage and...
- DAY OR NIGHT, QUALITY ASSURED – Featuring a Sony Exmor 1/2.9” 2.07MP...
- SECURE CLOUD VIDEO BACKUP – The optional Amcrest Cloud remote video...
Last update on 2021-08-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Have you ever had your Amcrest Camera freeze or stop working? You’re not alone. It happens to the best of us, which is why we have a step-by-step guide on how to reset your camera! This article will be broken down into 4 easy steps that are sure to make it seem like magic when your camera starts working again.
How to Reset Amcrest Camera to Amcrest Default Password
- First, we will need to approach your amcrest cameras via the web UI on your computer.
- Open your web browser and type in your camera’s IP address in the URL bar.
- Log in with the camera credentials.
- Amcrest camera Live View screen click on the setup button. It’s located in the top right corner.
- In the main menu, click on the network.
- Then click on TCP/IP.
- Ensure mode is set to static. Confirm that the camera retained the same IP address after it has been restored to its amcrest original manufacturer settings. If you prefer to set the mode to DHCP, your camera’s IP address will change after it has been restored.
- Open Internet Protocol (IP) Address config tool to locate the new IP address. Now we’ll begin the amcrest default password restore process.
- In the main menu, click on the systems tab.
- Then click on the default settings option for reset amcrest camera.
- Click on the restore to default settings button to begin the reset amcrest camera defaults window will appear.
- Click on the ok button to proceed.
- Please allow 2 to 3 minutes for your camera to reboot.
- In the process, the web UI will lose network connection temporarily.
- When the amcrest password complete, click on the refresh button on your browser.
- You should return to your camera’s web UI.
- Log in with the camera credentials (amcrest camera default Admin password is “admin“). You will notice the camera streaming video may appear differently to apply new settings.
- Click on the setup button and proceed to change the camera configurations to the preferences you have now successfully restored the camera to its default settings.
How to Reset Amcrest Camera: Factory Reset Using Web UI
- First of all, you have to need to log into the Web UI for your Amcrest device. You can approach by downloading the Internet Protocol (IP) Address Config software from the web. After the downloading and installation, open it and locate the amcrest IP address of your device and copy it.
- Enter this amcrest IP address into Internet Explorer. This will load the Web UI for your device.
- Enter this IP address into Internet Explorer or Google chrome. This will load the Web UI for your device.
The Amcrest default password is admin, and the default username is also admin. If you already use Web UI for your device and have forgotten your password, there is a “forgot password” button available. Through this code, you will get an Amcrest super password which you can use later on to reset your password.if you want to know How To Sync Arlo Camera read our blog.
- Once logged into the Web UI, go to Setup.
- Now click on the System button in front of you.
- After that, open the Default Settings.
- Here you will get an option stating “Restore to default settings.”
- Click on this button to get back to the default settings. A confirmation dialogue will appear once you press this button. Give your consent and wait for a few seconds.
- Log out of the Web UI and log back in again. Your System should reset to its default settings.
Hard Resetting Amcrest Camera or How to reset Amcrest camera
A hard reset of your Amcrest camera will get it back to its original state by removing all the data stored on your device. It will restore the System to the innovative software of the device with the default factory settings. This will also reset your password to the Amcrest default password which is admin.
Before performing this reset method. you should complete the factory reset using the Web User Interface. It is expected to solve most of the problems you are facing with your Amcrest camera. This method can be useful if you cannot physically approach your camera. Because the hard reset method requires you to have physical access to your How to reset Amcrest camera.
If you have planned to perform a hard reset of your Amcrest camera, then locate the external factory reset button at the backside of your Amcrest camera. An LED will light the button.
This button resets the Amcrest camera back to its original factory defaults. Be careful with this button in standard scenarios when you don’t want to reset your camera.
In our case, you need to proceed with pressing this button for about 20 seconds. You will notice a change in the light above the button which has now turned red from green. The present indicates that the reset process has started. Now this will completely restore your camera to its factory defaults.
The factory reset will finish when you notice the camera tilting sidewise. The light above the reset button will once again turn green. After that, you can set your new password and username for your camera by approaching the Web UI to ensure the security and privacy of your data.
Remotely Reboot Amcrest Camera
Another question that Amcrest users ask frequently is how to reboot Amcrest camera remotely. Well, if you have, at some point, googled Amcrest remote access to get it restarted, then you are at the right website. I’m going to tell you today how to remotely reboot your Amcrest camera.
First of all, you need to determine the IP address of your camera using the IP config software. After you successfully learn the IP address of your camera. Enter it into Internet Explorer on your device. Enter your login credentials which are usually username and password. Now navigate to System> Auto maintain > Manual reboot. It will remotely reboot your Amcrest without having to approach it physically.
I hope the question of how to reset Amcrest camera has been entirely and satisfyingly answering. The process itself was quite simple. If you are having little one troubles with your device. Amcrest surveillance pro software can let you solve some of them. But if the problems persist, follow the above guide for understanding the reset process.