We all know that it can be difficult to manage your timeline on Instagram. There are so many posts and people you follow, which makes finding those who don’t use hashtags or post at weird times hard. But what if there was a way to mute someone’s account?
That way, their posts would not show up in your feed even if they use hashtags or post during normal hours. So here is how to mute someone on Instagram!
How To Mute Someone on Instagram Android
Sometimes, people you follow on Instagram are so annoying. So many selfies from different angles a day. And then a new post every 20 minutes of them brunching or out drinking with some friends that they just met and who will never be significant in their lives again. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a button on the app to mute all those posts?
Well, now there is! With How to Mute Someone on Instagram Android, users can quickly block out an account without unfollowing them by pressing the profile picture icon for 15 seconds to mute said account’s content! It’s like hitting fast-forward during commercials!!
- Login Instagram account.
- Go to the Instagram profile page to navigate mute someone on Instagram.
- Now notice on the right-hand side of your Instagram profile page. There are “Following” buttons.
- Now click on the “Following” button and find out your desired muted person profile.
- When you get the annoying Instagram profile, then you have to notice there are three dots. So now click on the three dots.
- There is an essential mute Instagram button. Now click on the mute button.
- After tapping on the mute button, choose which feature you will get mute, Post or stories?
- If you get disturbed by a post, tap on the Post, get annoyed by stories, then tap on stories.
- Sometimes Instagram users are disturbed by posts and stories, and then you will turn on both.
- Now will never get in future annoying posts or massage on your android device.
How To Mute People on Instagram iPhone
Do you want to filter out undesirable people on Instagram? You can mute someone’s stories or comment wall, but it gets really annoying if they keep commenting back. There is an app called How to Mute People on Instagram iPhone that allows you to get the satisfaction of muting without hassle.
- Press the iPhone home button and find out Instagram apps.
- When you get the Instagram apps, then log in with your password credentials.
- Now click on Instagram profile and open the profile section for how to mute on instagram iPhone.
- Now profile section has an important button that option name is “following.” This button contains your following person.
- Now click on the “Following” button and find out that profile wants to mute on Instagram.
- When you get the right Instagram profile, then you will get the three dots. In addition, it contains a mute button.
- Now click on three dots.
- When you tap on three dots, then you will get the Mute button. Now tap on the mute button.
- After tapping on the mute button, you will get a confirmation option to mute Post or stories.
- If the selected profile is so annoyed, turn ON both options, Post and stories.
- Now press the iPhone back button and solve your problem how do I mute someone on Instagram iPhone.
How To Mute Someone on Instagram on Laptop
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, boasting over 100 million daily active users. It can be a great way to keep up with friends and share photos of your favorite things. That is until someone you find icky or offensive decides to comment on your photo or send you messages.
Here are some ways to deal with them if they won’t stop bugging you after using fake accounts, blocking their comments, unlinking their posts. But, of course, if all else fails, there’s nothing more satisfying than deleting this person from Instagram altogether! So, ok, let’s start how to mute someone on Instagram on a laptop step by step.
- At first, open your favorite browser. For example, I am using Microsoft edge browser with the google search engine. When ready for your browser, then type Instagram and log in Instagram account.
- Now use Instagram search to find out annoyed profile. Type name and open wanted muted person profile.
- When you open the wanted profile, then you will get details of that profile. For example, there is a three dots section for mute someone on Instagram or other activities.
- Now click on the “Block this user” mute symbol button and mute on Instagram or block on Instagram.
- Click again on the “Block” button.
- Now is done how to mute on instagram on the laptop.
How To Unmute Someone On Instagram
Instagram is a top-rated app for social media with over 800 million monthly users. Despite not being able to comment on posts, you can still interact by liking, commenting, and sending private messages, which are often silenced after some time.
This article teaches you how to unmute someone on Instagram. Step one provides the account name that is being muted. Example: @jamesthomashow, many people have blocked or muted your account? Do they deserve to see your content again? If so, just follow the directions below!
- At first, open your Instagram apps and log in with your password credentials.
- Now findout your profile page and go to the following button.
- Notice at the top right-hand side, and there is an important option that buttons name “Following.”
- All of your following profile is located there, now findout mute Instagram profile.
- Now tap or click on three dots and press the mute button.
- The mute button has two options Post and stories. As your wish, disable both options or one by one.
Mute Instagram and move on with your life. We all know how annoying they can be, but you’ve found the answer to dealing with those pesky people how to mute someone on Instagram! The article explains what a mute is, how it works, and why someone may want to mute someone on Instagram.
You don’t need any fancy skills or tricks- follow these instructions, and you’ll never have to deal with their posts again if you’re curious about whether anyone had muted you before (probably because you slipped up).
We also show where that information lives in Instagram settings, so it’s easy enough to fix if there’s an accident or mistake. So now go ahead and get rid of those annoyances for good by following our simple steps to mute people on Instagram!