- Locked to the GSM network and only compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T...
- The device does not come with headphones or a SIM card. It does include a...
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not...
- Successfully passed a full diagnostic test which ensures like-new...
Last update on 2022-03-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In some instances, the smartphone’s internal default storage may become not unlimited storage. You might consider expanding its card storage by inserting how to Move Pictures to SD Card on Galaxy S8 to facilitate the transfer of file folders, even apps to the SD memory card.
Before proceeding to how to transfer pictures to sd card on galaxy s8, it’s worth mentioning that Samsung Galaxy S8 has 4GB of RAM and internal memory of up to 64GB..
It compares that to other brands such as LG G6, which has 4GB RAM and internal memory of up to 128GB, a rear camera of 13MP, and a front camera of 5MP. iPhone8, on the other, has 2GB RAM and internal storage space of up to 256GB, with a rear camera of 12MP, while the front one is 7MP.
If you observe keenly, the phones mentioned above can take high-quality pictures or even record high-end videos. However, there’s quite a significant difference in internal phone storage capacity.
In other words, if we have three people, one using Samsung Galaxy S8. Another one with LG G6 and the third one with the iPhone 8, and all of them use their gadgets. To take pictures, within a short time, the one with Galaxy S8 would be in dire need of a high-capacity, high-performance microSD card to expand his phone’s storage capacity due to the limited internal storage.
However, there’s no denying that Samsung Galaxy S8 was a massive upgrade from Samsung Galaxy S7, especially in terms of functionality of the phone in general.
How to Move Pictures to SD Card on Galaxy S8
Check your handset have an SD card or hasn’t. It’s located in the device care option. If you have a microSD card connected to the device, go to the gallery and select the desired photos. After select photos, then copy or move on the SD card. If you want to more about how to transfer pictures to sd card on galaxy s8, then the simplest solution check-in below.
- At first, make sure your Android device has installed an SD card. Now follow my step to check SD card is installed or not.
- Go to settings, Tap on the gear icon.
- Scroll down and find out Device care settings.
- Tap on the Device care settings and scroll down the bottom side. There have four options: 1, Battery 2, Storage 3, Memory, 4, Security.
- Now tap on the Storage option. It will be open, and there has some option. On those options, find out SD Card at the bottom. If your phone has installed an SD card, it will show there.
- I find out an SD card on your Device care option, say you are on the right track.
- Open gallery and select which photos or pictures want to Transfer files- SD card.
- Go to the top of the right-hand side corner and tap on three dots. It is a file transfer option.
- Tap on the three-dot icon, and it will provide you with a few more options to move pictures to an SD card. Tap on the second option.
- Start Transfer process select Move to the album.
- Tap on Move to Album, and it will ask you to select the existing folder or create the folder. If you want a new album, tap on + create an album icon to create a new album.
- Now choose the desire album name and notice the location option. If you want to know how to move pictures to the SD card on galaxy s8 then that location option is essential. If you did not select the right storage path, then it will be not good work.
- Select location SD card and tap on Create button.
- Just wait a couple of seconds for the complete Samsung s8 move photos to SD card. Sometimes it depends on transfer speeds.
If you have any question about solution answer the ask me in the comment sections.
Galaxy S8 SD Card Size
Music and pictures consume a massive chunk of space in the Galaxy S8 Internal storage. The high-quality images or videos taken using this device may end up contributing to laxity in performances.
Therefore, as a user of How to Move Pictures to SD Card on Galaxy S8, you may need an SD Card to avoid such. The good news here is that Galaxy S8 can have its internal storage expanded by an SD Card to a capacity of up to 256GB. That should be quite enough to create sufficient space for the effective running of the phone.
How to Move Pictures to SD Card
Apart from being conversant with how to move pictures to SD Card on Galaxy S8, there is no harm in knowing the SIM Card suitable for use in this phone. Galaxy S8 uses a Nano SIM Card, which is known to be the smallest SIM available.
Furthermore, as a Galaxy S8 user, you should not be oblivious of the fact that it is possible to set your camera in such a way that it can save photos and videos on the SD Card. It is how to do it.
- Go to the Camera applications on your phone.
- On the upper left side of the screen, tap the Gear icon.
- Proceed to tap on the Storage location. Select SD Card.
There are three ways on how to move photos to sd card on Galaxy S8. You can use the Gallery, My Files, or the Android Manager.
Moving Pictures from Gallery.
- Go to Gallery on your Home Screen.
- Locate your Albums.
- Select the picture you would like to move to the SD Card.
- Select More.
- Select Move.
- Tap on the SD Card icon that is showing.
Moving Pictures from My Files.
- Go to your phone Settings.
- Proceed to Apps, then select Samsung.
- Select My Files.
- Go on to select Images.
- Tap on MORE.
- Select Edit.
- Select the individual files containing pictures that you would like to move to the SD card.
- Tap on Move, then selects SD Card.
Using the Android file Manager
- Go to the General Settings on your phone.
- Proceed to press Storage and USB.
- Select Explore.
- Select the Pictures Folder from the File Manager.
- Tap on Menu.
- Select Copy to select SD Card then.
In conclusion, you now know how to move pictures to SD Card on Galaxy S8 using the different methods discussed in the article. Go ahead and use any of them to create more Internal storage in your device.
You should always look up to the things that can be seen for the help of how you can do it better and see it if it can be done any better way.