If you are an owner of Samsung Galaxy S7, then you should be quite ecstatic when you heard the news that Samsung has reconsidered its initial decision of doing away with expandable memory cards in its previous products, namely Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
This plan was to effect in Samsung Galaxy S7. How To Insert SD Card In Galaxy s7, this decision registered well with customers loyal to Samsung products since some of them prefer storing some of their Apps and data in SD Cards.
Sometimes, people prefer moving data to SD Cards inserted in their Samsung Galaxy S7, to free up some space in the phone’s internal storage. This is a measure taken to ensure the gadget runs its operations optimally and without lagging. That said, as an owner of this lovely product, do you know How To Insert SD Card In Galaxy s7? Read further to find out more.
Before learning How To Insert SD Card In Galaxy s7, it is advisable to consider the reliability of the SD Card to the task that you would like it to perform, the compatibility of the SD Card with the Galaxy S7, what you would like to do with the storage among others. Related article How To Format SD Card in Windows 10, How to Move Apps to SD Card in LG, How to Remove Sim Card from Galaxy S7, How To Unmount Sd Card, How to Move Pictures to Sd Card on Galaxy S8.
Below are some of the things you requirement to know about the Samsung Galaxy SD Card.
- It is almost impossible to Move some Apps as a Whole to the SD Card. As stated earlier, one of the reasons that people fancy moving Apps to the SD Card is to create more space in the phone’s internal storage system. It is important to note that some Apps may not be moved to the SD Card as a whole, i.e., the phone may show that the process of moving the App from the internal storage to the SD Card has been a success, yet there could be traces of data from the moved App in the internal storage.
- The Apps moved to the SD Card may not function in a computer when the SD Card with Apps has inserted. Some Apps may not work when stored in the SD Card due to their making. If you would like to access the Apps from the computer, then you should move the Apps back to the phone’s internal storage. The computer would then be able to read the Apps.
- It’s Possible to Save Videos and Pictures by Default. Once the SD Card into the Galaxy S7, the first time you use the camera app, you will see some information suggesting you could now save your photos in the SD Card. That is because the moment the SD Card getting in, the phone is programming in such a way that it starts making use of the external storage.
- It’s Possible to Encrypt the SD Card Using Galaxy S7. Every person having a smartphone would appreciate a certain degree of privacy. SD Cards are buying without security assurances, hence whatever is store in them is readable anytime and anywhere, as long as the card inserts into a device that supports it. If you are using Galaxy S7, you don’t have to worry about that
Apart from you finding it necessary to know how to insert SD Card in Galaxy S7, you should also be in a position to keep private data private and secure. Galaxy S7 has its internal storage encrypted.
You can encrypt the SD Card by going to the Settings on your phone and select the viable option from there. Once the card is encrypted, the content on it cannot read on any other device. That’s one enormous privilege you can cherish as a Samsung Galaxy S7 user.
Samsung Galaxy S7 SD Card Slot
Yes, you want to know How to Insert SD Card in Samsung Galaxy S7 but do you see where the SD Card slot is on the phone?
For you find the SD Card slot, locate a tiny circular aperture at the top of the phone. Insert the ejection pin into the groove, which in turn ejects the Sim/ SD Card tray. On the palate, you will see the SD Card slot and Sim Card slot.
Galaxy S7 Sim Card Size
It’s also important to note that Galaxy S7 uses a Nano-SIM, which is believed to be the smallest SIM available. You can request your mobile operator for one if you need it, or use a SIM Cutter to cut down the SIM you are applying for it to fit into the tray.
Galaxy S7 SD Card Size
Galaxy S7 can support SD card with a capacity of up to 200 GB.
Inserting: How To Insert SD Card In Galaxy s7
Having discussed details you need to know about SD Cards in Galaxy S7, below are the steps of inserting SD Card into the phone.
- Start by switching off your phone.
- On the top edge of the phone, locate the tiny circular slot in which there is the Sim/SD Card tray.
- Insert the ejection pin or paper clip into the hole which will reject the Sim tray.
- Insert the SD card into the bin. Make sure the gold contacts face down.
- Insert the tray back into the phone.
- Switch on the phone and ensure the phone can read the SD Card.
In conclusion, you are now conversant with How To Insert SD Card In Galaxy s7. Implement the guidelines outlined in this piece and enjoy a phone that functions at its best without lagging in performance due to limited internal storage space.
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API