SoundCloud is a Germany based online platform as like Facebook, Tumblr, Spotify,imgur or Reddit. that makes it possible for users to not only stream song and podcasts from around the world but also enables users to promote, upload, and share content. Someone feel others problem How to Change Soundcloud Name.
Its unique URL facilitates accessibility to uploaded files, making it possible to enjoy the services even on social media platforms. At its infant stages, it would have been ridiculous for one to think of how to delete SoundCloud account due to its unmatched qualities.
However, with the emergence of other digital services such as Spotify, Prime, and others, some users have developed dissatisfaction with SoundCloud and opted for alternatives.
It necessitated the need for sad folks to think of how to delete Sound Cloud accounts from their gadgets. Are you one of them? This article will enlighten you further on how to delete SoundCloud account. Before proceeding further, it is essential to note the following.
- Deleting your SoundCloud account would also culminate in deleting content you might have uploaded before.
- You will require to disable your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) from sharing whatever you upload to SoundCloud.
- You cannot delete your SoundCloud account via the mobile app in case you are using Android, iPhone, iPad. Therefore, it is pointless how to delete SoundCloud account to uninstall it. Removing the report is only possible through the website.
Step By Step Guide: How To Delete SoundCloud Account.
- Disconnect any app that connects to your SoundCloud account. Do this by clicking the button next to Connected Apps, which that found in the Connections section.
- Visit the SoundCloud website by use google chrome or anything.
- Sign in to your account.
- Proceed to click the three dots appearing on the top right corner of the page.
- On the drop-down menu, select the Settings option which appears near the bottom (just after Subscription). It brings you to the Settings page.
- Under the Account heading, how to delete SoundCloud account you will see Delete Account at the bottom, below your birthday details.
- Click on Delete Account. SoundCloud will ask you the reason for removing and ask you to either select one of the answers given on the page or give them your idea.
- Select that reason which best explains your decision.
- Proceed to click on the box beside Yes, I want to delete my account, and all my tracks, comments, and stats.
- To confirm your decision, proceed to click on Delete my mind at the bottom, next to Cancel. SoundCloud will purge your account and data in due time.
What To Do After Deleting Your SoundCloud Account
Having seen how to delete SoundCloud account, the next action to take is to uninstall SoundCloud App from your Android, iPhone, or iPad. In case your account links still show up in Google search results, you can delete your user’s caches or reach out to Google and send a request to them to take down all the information that pertains to you.
Guide: How To Delete SoundCloud
Don’t let the addition of “Go” confuse you. It is still the same as SoundCloud only that it’s upgraded in terms of having new features, music catalogue and functionality. You can listen to the tracks online or offline and without ads interference.
SoundCloud also looked forward to reaching licensing agreements with mega-brands such as Sony, Warner, UMG among others, something which could bolster the business and increase the profit margins exponentially.
However, folks have different tastes and preferences when it comes to such digital services. They would want something that maximizes their utility hence some of them sort for how to delete Sound Cloud accounts, regardless of how the owners try to sugar coat it.
There are three ways of how to delete SoundCloud Go depending on the device/gadget you are using.
How to Cancel SoundCloud Go through the Website.
- Visit SoundCloud official website using any browser.
- Click on the Sign In button which appears on the top right of the page.
- Proceed to log in to your account by typing in your email address and password. Alternatively, you can log in using Facebook or Google.
- Click the three dots that appear on the top right of the page, after which you will see a drop-down menu.
- Select Subscription.
- Proceed to click on Edit. it brings to you a page where you will see your monthly subscription fee and package.
- Click on Opt out of your subscription renewal.
- Click Confirm & cancel the plan. It brings you to the next page with information suggesting you have your SoundCloud Go renewal.
- Click the Ok, got it button to confirm your decision.
How to Cancel SoundCloud Go using iTunes
- Open iTunes on your device.
- Proceed to log in with your Apple ID and password. it brings you to a page where you will see a menu bar with Song, View, Account, and Help.
- Select Account, which will open a drop-down menu.
- Click View My Account.
- On the next page, click Manage.
- Click on SoundCloud Go subscriptions.
- Go ahead and click Cancel Subscription.
It will cancel your SoundCloud Go from iTunes.
How to Cancel SoundCloud Go using your iPhone/iPad
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Apple ID.
- Press the iTunes & App Store.
- Go ahead and tap Apple ID which appears at the top which will make you see your Apple ID email address.
- Press View Apple ID. it brings you to a page with Account Settings.
- Click Subscriptions which bring you a list of active subscriptions.
- Press Cancel Subscription. its results in the cancellation of your Subscription, which will take effect once the current one expires.
Is SoundCloud Down?
SoundCloud has been an excellent digital service for content creators and musicians who upload their content. Nevertheless, it is clear as day that the company took a step in the wrong direction when the decision to make the mobile app remove the upload functionality implement.
SoundCloud lost significance popularity, and its profits dwindled. Since then, problems have rocked the company including the news of one of the co-founders and CPO, Eric Wahlforss opting to step aside from his duties.
Moreover, independent artists cried foul for being downplayed by SoundCloud who were then attempting to appeal to the masses. The new features introduced on SoundCloud angered some users such as continuous play features which could not turn off and taking down music that was legally uploaded.
These among other issues have made SoundCloud lose a large chunk of followers who are now looking for how to delete their SoundCloud accounts and opt for their competitors such as Spotify. If you want to Change Soundcloud Name
In conclusion, you have learned how to delete SoundCloud account just in case you are one of the many that have been upset by its services. You can now go ahead and use a platform that satisfies your hunger for entertainment.