SoundCloud is a Germany-based online audio distribution platform like others streaming audio platforms. That makes it possible for users to stream song and podcasts worldwide and enable users to promote, upload, and share content. Someone feel others problem How to Change Soundcloud Name.
Its unique URL facilitates accessibility to uploaded files, making it possible to enjoy the services even on social media platforms. It would have been ridiculous to think of how to delete SoundCloud account at its infant stages due to its unmatched qualities.
However, with the emergence of other digital services such as Spotify, Prime, and others, some users have developed dissatisfaction with it and opted for alternatives.
It necessitated the need for sad folks to think of how to delete Sound Cloud accounts from their gadgets. Are you one of them? This article will enlighten you further on how to delete a SoundCloud account. Before proceeding further, it is essential to note the following.
- Deleting your SoundCloud account would also culminate in deleting content you might have uploaded before.
- You will require to disable your social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) from share songs whatever you upload to SoundCloud.
- You cannot delete your account via the mobile app if you use an Android device, iPhone, iPad mobile device. Therefore, it is pointless how to delete your Soundcloud account to uninstall it. Removing the report is only possible through the website.
How To Delete SoundCloud Account
- Visit the website by using a standard Web browser my preferred browser is google chrome.
- Sign in to your online accounts.
- Proceed to click the three-dot menu navigation options appearing on the top right corner of the page.
- The bottom-right corner drop-down menu selects the Settings option, which appears near the bottom (just after Subscription). It brings you to the Settings page.
- Under the Account heading, you will notice Delete profile at the bottom, below your birthday details.
- Click on the Delete account button. It will ask you why the deletion attempt and ask you to either select one of the answers given on the page or give them your idea.
- Select that reason which best explains your decision.
- Proceed to click on the box beside Yes. I want to delete my account and all my tracks, comments, and stats.
- Deleted accounts To confirm your decision, proceed to delete my mind at the bottom, next to Cancel. SoundCloud will purge your account and data in due time.
What To Do After Deleting Your SoundCloud Account
Having seen how to delete SoundCloud account, the next action to take is to uninstall App from your Android, iPhone, or iPad. In case your account links still show up in Google search results, you can delete your user’s caches or reach out to Google and send a request to them to take down all the information that pertains to you.
How To Delete SoundCloud
Don’t let the addition of “Go” confuse you. It is still the same as SoundCloud only that it’s upgraded in terms of having new features, music catalogue and functionality. You can listen to the tracks online or offline and without ads interference.
SoundCloud also looked forward to reaching licensing agreements with mega-brands such as Sony, Warner, UMG among others, something which could bolster the business and increase the profit margins exponentially.
However, folks have different tastes and preferences when it comes to such digital services. They would want something that maximizes their utility hence some of them sort for how to delete Sound Cloud accounts, regardless of how the owners try to sugar coat it.
There are three ways of how to delete SoundCloud Go depending on the device/gadget you are using.
How to Delete Soundcloud Account on App
Deleting SoundCloud account on app is impossible, so we have to describe details about how to delete SoundCloud account on android. Go to www.soundcloud.com/sign in and sign in after notice upper vertical dots. Now scroll down, go to settings and find out delete account. Now tap on delete account. If you want more about how to delete SoundCloud account on app, check the complete guide below.
- We don’t need apps, and we need to google chrome browser. Now open the chrome browser and go to the official website or using the google search engine.
- We don’t need to download the android or desktop version. Notice chrome browser upper right-hand corner side has three vertical dots menu bar. Tap on the dots icons and checkmark the Desktop site. When you tap on that checkmark, your browser will be redirected to the official website with a desktop version.
- Tap on the email tab and type email address to press the password tab. Again type your password. Now press the Continue button.
- Tap on your password form and type your correct password to press Sign in.
- Now upper right-hand corner side has three Wide dots line. Tap on that wide dot line.
- Scroll down, find out the settings section, and tap on that option.
- You are now in the final stage of the SoundCloud delete account guide. Now tap on Delete account for deletion option.
- When you tap to delete the account, the popup tab will be open and choose a reason from the list of options for delete account SoundCloud. Checkmark one of the reason and finally check to mark Yes, I want to delete my account, and all my tracks, comments, and stats and press the Delete my account orange button.
- Now how to delete a SoundCloud account problem is solved.
How to Cancel Soundcloud Go on Android
Go to the SoundCloud website and sign in to your account. Go to the upper right-hand side, tap on three vertical dots, and find out the Subscriptions section. There have an option to cancel SoundCloud subscription. Now, if you want to more about how to cancel SoundCloud go on android, then check in below.
- Visit the official website using any browser type, but I prefer to google chrome browser.
- Go to chrome browser settings and tap on the Desktop site.
- Click on the Sign In button, which appears on the upper-right corner of the page.
- Proceed to log in to your account by typing in your email address and password. Alternatively, you can log in using Facebook or Google.
- Click the three dots icons that appear on the top right of the page, after which you will see a dropdown menu.
- Select Subscription.
- Proceed to click on Edit. It brings to you a page where you will see your monthly subscription fee and package.
- Click on Opt out of your subscription renewal.
- Click Confirm & cancel SoundCloud go plan. It brings you to the next page with information suggesting you have your SoundCloud Go renewal.
- Click the Ok, got it button to confirm your decision.
How to Cancel Soundcloud Go on iPhone
Press the home button to the back home page. Go to settings and tap on Apple ID to cancel SoundCloud go. Now, if you want to more about how to cancel SoundCloud go on iPhone, then check in below step-by-step guide.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad mobile device.
- Tap on Apple ID.
- Press the iTunes & App Store or App settings.
- Go ahead and tap Apple ID, which appears at the top, which will make you see your Apple ID email address.
- Press View Apple ID. It brings you to a page with Account Settings.
- Click Subscriptions which bring you a list of active subscriptions.
- Press SoundCloud Go Cancel Subscription. Its results in the cancellation of your Subscription, which will take effect once the current one expires.
Is SoundCloud Down?
SoundCloud Limited has been an excellent digital service for content creators and musicians who upload their content. Nevertheless, the company took a step in the wrong direction when making the mobile app remove the upload functionality implement.
SoundCloud Limited lost significant popularity, and its profits dwindled. Since then, problems have rocked the company, including the news of one of the co-founders and CPO, Eric Wahlforss, opting to step instructions aside from his duties.
Moreover, independent artists cried foul for being downplayed by SoundCloud, who was then attempting to appeal to the masses. Its new features angered some users, such as continuous play features that could not turn off and take down music legally uploaded.
These, among other issues, have made SoundCloud lose a large chunk of followers looking for how to delete their SoundCloud accounts and opt for their competitors such as Spotify. If you want to Change Soundcloud Name
In conclusion, you have learned how to delete SoundCloud account just if you are one of the many that have been upset by its services. You can now go ahead and use a platform that satisfies your hunger for entertainment.