Spotify is an online digital service that gives you access to millions of songs and podcasts where you not only enjoy listening to them. But also download and listen while offline.
It supports a platform for a wide range of music ranging from old favorites to the latest hits. Spotify is an app that can download from the computer or mobile devices. As a user, you can come to a point where you need to know how to change Spotify password.
Some reasons could require you to know how to change Spotify password. Some of them could be a possibility of you forgetting your password. Or to limit accessibility to yourself so that outsiders don’t get an opportunity to enjoy Spotify services using your account and possibly compromise it.
Spotify, on the other hand, could reset your password if they detect suspicious activities in your account. This article enlightens you on how to change Spotifypassword should you be justified to do so.
Before proceeding to how to Change Spotify password, here is what you need to know about password requirements.
Spotify Password Requirements
- The minimum width of your password should be four characters. Spotify concluded that there is no maximum length since they tested up to 500 characters and still logged in. It’s advisable to choose a period which would make it easy for you to remember.
- It’s fitting that your password should contain a mix of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and or symbols.
- Your password cannot contain repeating characters, such as bbb12, 444ba.
- It’s also valuable to note that your new password could be similar to the old one.
Changing Your Address On Spotify
Besides wondering how to change Spotify password, have you thought about changing your address on Spotify? The truth of the matter is Spotify has not made provisions for changing the address on an existing Premium for Family Plan.
However, you can travel around the world without changing anything on your account. If you submitted the wrong details initially, Spotify advises you to cancel the plan on your old account, sign out everywhere, and create a new account.
You now have information on the possibility of changing your address on Spotify. Read further to see how to change Spotify password.
There are two scenarios here: one where you remember the password and would like to change it and a case where you forgot the password. It is also important to note that you cannot change Spotify password using the mobile app.
How to Change Spotify Password in case you remember it.
- Visit Spotify on your browser.
- Click Log In which is at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your username or email address and password and click Log in. You can also log in with Facebook.
- Click Account. You may need to click View Account in case Spotify opened into a web player.
- On the next page, select Change password.
- In the Current password field, write in your existing password.
- Go ahead and enter the new password.
- Type the new password again into the Repeat new password field.
- Click on SET NEW PASSWORD. You will see a password updated message, which confirms that you have successfully changed your password.
Change Spotify Password In Case You’ve Forgotten It
It is no brainer that it’s easier to know how to change Spotify password if you can recall the one you used initially. However, the guidelines given below would make it easier for you to navigate your way through.
- Visit Spotify on your browser.
- Select Log in, which appears at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on Forgot your username or password.
- Proceed to enter the email address or username that was used to create your account.
- Select SEND. An email from Spotify will send to you.
- Check your email and open the mail from Spotify.
- Click on the link in the mail.
- Select the Reset password.
- In the New password field, type in your new password.
- Do the same for the Repeat new password field.
- Proceed to click on the I’m not a robot Captcha box.
- Select SEND. This will complete the process of setting your new password.
Make sure that the password you set this time not only guarantees privacy to your account but also makes it easy for you to remember it to avoid the hassle should you be required to key in your Log in details in future.
Alternatively, you can use a password manager, which stores the Login information you use to access apps, websites, and other services, besides keeping your sensitive data and login credentials safe.
Spotify Won’t Let Me Log In
Just like any other online digital service, you can know how to change Spotify password. how to reset your password, and still get stranded because Spotify won’t let you Log in. also, How To Change Spotify Username. This is one thing that could irritate you so much to the point of you opting to forego all the entertainment you’ve been getting and seek for other platforms that you have limited knowledge about that.
Before it comes to that, try to find out why Spotify won’t let you log in by checking the following:
- Check your country and make sure it’s possible to access Spotify from it. Spotify has gained popularity over the years, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you can access it from just any country on the planet. Spotify settings are not available in all states.
- Check your internet connection. Check internet settings on your device (Mobile data or Wi-Fi and ensure it is on). You need an internet connection to log in to your Spotify account unless you are listening to the content while offline.
- Try a different browser. For example, if you are having issues with Firefox, try using Google Chrome and see how it goes.
- You can also clear your browser caches and cookies, then try login again.
In a nutshell, you are now conversant with how to change Spotify password, how to reset the password accidentally you don’t remember it, improving your Spotify address, and what to do in case Spotify won’t let you log in. You can go ahead and implement the guidelines outlined above and enjoy using Spotify services. If you want to Change Spotify Picture please read our other stuff.