Spotify is an online popular music streaming that gives you access to millions of songs and podcasts there. You not only enjoy them but also download and listen while offline.
It supports a platform for a wide range of music ranging from old favourites to the latest hits. Spotify is an app that can download from a computer or mobile device. As a user, you can come to a point where you need to know how to change Spotify password.
Some reasons could require you to know how do I change my Spotify password. Some of them could be a possibility of you forgetting your password. Or to limit accessibility to yourself so that outsiders don’t get an opportunity to enjoy Spotify services using your account and possibly compromise it.
This online music streaming platform, on the other hand, could reset your password if they detect suspicious activities in your account. This article enlightens you on how to change Spotifypassword should you be justified to do so.
Before proceeding to how to change your Spotify password, here is what you need to know about spotify password requirements.
Spotify Password Requirements
- The minimum width of your password should be four characters. Spotify concluded that there is no maximum length since they tested up to 500 characters password combinations and still logged in. It’s advisable to choose a period that would make it easy for you to remember complex passwords.
- Your password should contain a mix of upper case letters- and lowercase letters, numbers, and or symbols.
- Your password cannot contain repeating characters, such as bbb12, 444ba.
- It’s also valuable to note that your new password could be similar to the old one.
How do I change my password on Spotify app?
There are two scenarios here: one where you remember the password and would like to change it and a case where you forgot the password. May user asks me How do I change my password on Spotify app? my answer is It is important to note that you cannot change Spotify’s password using the mobile app.
How Do You Change Your Password on Spotify
Visit the Spotify website and login with the user credential to find out the change password setting from the account overview section. Click on the change password and fill up the password tab to set the new password button—details how to change the password on Spotify below.
- Visit Spotify on your browser.
- Click login, which is at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your username or email address and password and click Log in. You can also log in with Facebook.
- Click Account. You may need to click View Account in case Spotify opened into a web player.
- On the next page, select Change password.
- In the Current password field, write in your existing password.
- Go ahead and enter the new password.
- Type the new password again into the Repeat new password field.
- Click on SET NEW PASSWORD. You will see a password updated message, which confirms that you have successfully changed your password.
Read more :
- How to get Spotify premium free on iPhone forever
- How To Delete SoundCloud Account.
- How to get free apple music 2020 without verification.
How to Change Spotify Password On iPhone?
Lunch iPhone internet browser and go to Spotify website, log in with access credentials. Now go to the online profile section, click on change Spotify password, and set a new password. If you want precautionary steps about how to change Spotify password on iPhone then check-in below.
- Strat before simple steps, make sure some critical point in how to change your Spotify password. Stable internet connection and login details.
- Now tap on your iPhone internet browser or any that your browser of choice and type Spotify website.
- On the music streaming giant website, notice at the upper-right corner has three vertical bars. Now tap on that drop-down menu.
- If you click on that menu, then find out the user Accounts section and tap on the Account settings.
- Click on an account, and at the top, it says account overview.
- The account overview has a bunch of sections. Now click on the drop-down arrow, click on change password settings, fill in your current password and your new password, and click on a set new password. If not correct user passwords, then Spotify change password not work.
Read More :
- How to cancel Spotify premium on android.
- How to find friends on Spotify without Facebook.
- How to change Soundcloud name on mobile.
How to Change Spotify Password Without Email?
Log in to your Spotify account and go to account overview. Find out the change password tab and input the current password, another tab filling with a new password to set a password to the Spotify change password. If you want to more about how you change your password on Spotify, let check-in below.
- The first step is we need to open any browser. Then go to spotify.com.
- Once you there, notice the upper right corner has three vertical bars in the mobile version. Tap on that bar and log in to your account. Spotify prefers four types of login system 1, Continue with Facebook. 2, Continue with Apple. 3, Continue with Google and the last 4, Email address to Username. Now it is your choice how to login to your account with access credentials.
- Now tap on the Account overview down arrow to open Profile settings.
- Account overview has the vital option for Spotify change password that option name is Change Password. Now tap on that option and Spotify password reset.
- Tap on Change Password. It will be open a new tap with three Password Options. Password tab is 1, Current Password 2, New Password 3, Repeat New Password.
- Type your Current password and type the strong new password. The third password tab type repeats the new password and last tap on SET NEW PASSWORD.
- Now your problem is solved how to change Spotify password without email.
How to Reset Spotify Password
Go to the Spotify password reset page and ready a valid username and master password. Click Forgot your username or password and input reset password email and follow step by step instruction. Details inblow about how to reset spotify password.
- Visit Password Reset page – https://www.spotify.com/us/password-reset.
- Select Log in, which appears at the top right corner of the navigation options.
- Click on Forgot your username or password.
- Proceed to enter the email address or username that was used to create your account.
- Select send a password reset emails.
- Check your email and open the mail from Spotify.
- Click on the link in the mail.
- Select the Password Reset.
- In the New password field, type in your strong password.
- Do the same for the Repeat new password field.
- Proceed to click on the additional security options. I’m not a robot Captcha box.
- Select SEND This will complete the process of setting your new password.
It is no brainer that it’s easier to know how to change Spotify password if you can recall the one you used initially. However, the guidelines given below would make it easier for you to navigate your way through.
Ensure that the password you set this time not only guarantees privacy to your account but also makes it easy for you to remember it to avoid the hassle should you be required to key in your Log in details in the future.
Alternatively, you can use a reliable password manager, which stores the Login information you use to access apps, websites, and other services, besides keeping your sensitive data and user credentials safe.
Spotify Won’t Let Me Log In
Just like any other online digital service, you can know how to change Spotify password. How to change my Spotify password and still get stranded because Spotify won’t let you Log in. also, How To Change Spotify Username. This is one thing that could irritate you so much to the point of you opting to forego all the entertainment you’ve been getting and seek other platforms that you have limited knowledge about that.
Before it comes to that, try to find out why Spotify won’t let you log in by checking the following:
- Check your country and make sure it’s possible to access Spotify from it. It has gained popularity over the years, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you can access it from just any country on the planet. Spotify settings are not available in all states.
- Check your internet connection. Check internet settings on your device (Mobile data or Wi-Fi and ensure it is on). It would be best if you had an internet connection to log in to your account unless you listen to the content while offline.
- Try a different browser. For example, if you have Firefox issues, try using Google Chrome and see how it goes.
- You can also clear your browser caches and cookies, then try login in again.
In a nutshell, you are now conversant with how to change Spotify password, reset the password accidentally you don’t remember, and improve your Spotify address. What to do in case Spotify won’t let you log in. You can go ahead and implement the guidelines outlined above and enjoy using Spotify services. If you want to Change Spotify Picture, please read our other stuff.