Discord MIC not working? Have you frustrated about this issue? Don’t panic. It becomes a common issue, and most of the users also face the same problem daily.
Today a lot of gamer like to use Discord communication platforms. Talk with each other using the main communication games stream app. They think that the edge got them on board.
When you come to a discord channel, you will hear speak of others. But sometimes it will happen, you will try to say anything to others but Discord can’t hear anyone. It can happen when you see that the MIC not working on Discord.
This issue is increasing day by day. But, the solution to it is not so difficult. You can solve it by following a few proper steps yourself. In this guide, we will go to share with you how will you fix when the discord MIC not working.
Why is My Mic Not Working On Discord?
So you’re having trouble getting your mic not working on discord. There are a lot of different things that could be causing why is my mic not working on discord? Well, in this section, I will list why is my headset not working on discord?
- Headset microphone permission.
- Voice Settings.
- Input mode & Output Device.
- Logout & log in.
- Discord Administrator.
- Automatic Input Sensitivity.
- Disable Exclusive Mode.
- Push to Talk
Complete Guide: How to fix Discord MIC not working
Enable mic access
If Discord is not recognizing the mic, you can apply this first tip before changing the settings on discord. You need to sure that your headphone access enables in Windows. How do you fix when the mic issues not on discord? Let know from below:
1. Steps for Windows
This is the first step to recover the headset microphone if the discord sound not working.
- Go to the Windows setting and select the privacy settings.
- Now, select headset mic into App permission from the left hand side corner sidebar.
- Here, you have to turn on the switch into the Allow apps to access the Microphone.
2. Steps for MacOS Sierra or Mofave when Discord not recognizing mic
To fix the issue is discord can’t hear others, you can apply the tip.
- Open the Mac and select the Apple menu. Then choose the System Preferences.
- Now, press the ‘Security & Privacy’ settings. Select and click on the privacy settings.
- In this area, you should click on the Microphone.
- You have to make sure that you have chosen the checkbox next to the Discord. That it permits Microphone access for discord.
If discord audio not working, you also can try this tip. After enabling the Microphone access into your Windows, you have to go to the next ways below. The tips will work if your discord audio not working.
Now, rearrange the ‘Voice Settings’ in the Discord window. How? Follow the followings steps.
- Go to the ‘User Settings’ option. See the left hand side sidebar and select Voice and video into the App Settings.
- Well. Now scroll down your mouse and go to the down of the page to see a red button option. This red button contains a reset voice or sound setting and clicks on this option.
- Now you should try the Microphone by scrolling the way up and press the ‘Let’s Check’ button. You do this job to prove your Microphone and if it works. You have to notice that you can hear back what you say into the Microphone.
Still, you can notice that microphone issue Microphone or Discord can’t hear, you don’t need to worry. Keep reading the piece of writing and discover more options for the solution.
Input & Output Device
Alright, don’t you get the right solution till now for MIC not working on Discard? Doesn’t your Microphone still work by applying the following tips? So, you can apply some other ways. You will select the Microphone under Input Device that you will see at the top of the page.
- Make sure to select the correct Input & Output Devices.
- After setting up both of the devices, make sure that they include enough volume. Now check the performance of Mic Test by clicking on the Let’s Check button.
Log out & log in of Discord
If you want to fix – Discard no sound and want to hear from your mate what he says. You can Logout of Discord and log in again as a usual trick. But it is not an everlasting solution. To get an excellent answer for a long time, you can follow this method.
What? Let’s check.
- To log out, press the User settings on the discord icon at the bottom of the left-hand side corner.
- Scroll down and press the ‘Logout’ button. Keep in mind; here, you may have to click two times to register. Don’t scare to click repeat and repeat.
- When you see that you have logged out, you should log back in. Now check, you can hear your mate that he says.
If you can’t hear him or discard audio not working, you are staying the same issue till now. But don’t worry and move to the next tips. You will succeed here. Stream Elements or twitch discord community will also help to chat with each other. If you want to think you can go to use it.
Run the Discord as Administrator Privileges
If the Discord app doesn’t work or Discord can’t hear the Voice across the internet connection. Run the Discord with administrator privileges. It will work for discord mic not working, and Others mic problem.
What are the tricks?
To run the Discord as Administrator, right click the mouse on the desktop icon. Here, you can see a few options. Go to the Run as Administrator and press it.
Try Automatic Input Sensitivity Settings
You discord can’t hear, try Automatic Sensitivity as a solution. That tips of mic not working on discord. The ‘Automatic Input Sensitivity’ is also recognized as buggy. When you are on automatic, the indicator bar won’t light up while you are talking. So, you should go manually.
Here are a few quick steps to set up this option.
- Click on the ‘User Settings’ icon in the bottom left corner into the Discord windows.
- Next, you will get the voice video’ settings & Video option under the App settings and click on this option to go to the next steps.
- Go down the mouse down to Sensitivity settings if you are not able. Try to enable your toggle next to ‘automatically determine input sensitivity.’
- Now, talk into the headphone, test the below bar, and see it lights up with a solid green color. If it works with green light, go to the next step to activate your mic.
- Disable your toggle, and then make sure that the manual slider took the middle position.
Still, the following tips don’t work to fix the issue is ‘can’t hear anyone on discord’. You can try steam chat with your friend to hear him instantly.
Set up Input & output devices
When the voice reset doesn’t produce any good result. You can try Discord with proper Microphone as the first option. It has a habit to make a weird selection the Input Device as Default. The discord no sound will happen with gaming including microphones.
You are not sure which Microphone ought to use by Discord. It may happen that the app used the internal MIC. It happens to connect with the headset if discord mic not working.
Let’s check a quick guide to use the correct Microphone with Discord.
- Go to the Discord app and then click on the ‘User Setting’ icon at the bottom left corner.
- Then click on the voice video’ settings & video option under App Setting.
- Now, you have seen the Input Device option. Use the drop-down menu, and then choose the Microphone (Wireless Stereo Headset).
- If you are not sure that which Microphone should choose to input the device. Click on the audio icon at the bottom of the right corner. Then press the recording devices.
- Next, test by talking in the headset and see what level icon is lighting up. Set up the level of the icon.
- Finally, you have to ensure that the ‘Input Volume Slider or volume icon’ for the Microphone mixes out.
If can’t hear people on discord and you want to grow or create the most natural way to communicate or join with other friends, you can choose the discord community on player.me.
Disable Exclusive Mode
There have a few applications in the Discord windows when you can’t hear people on discord. They will organize for taking special control over the audio device driver. Allowing the audio drivers to do so will cause issues with discord can’t hear others. The headset mic with headsets in Discord can quiet down. If the stetting related with Exclusive mode enable.
How? Let’s see the quick guide to disable them.
- Right-click the button and click the sound icon in the bottom right corner of the bottom. Then select the ‘Recording Devices’.
- Select the speaker icon from the headset. Press the Properties option.
- Go to the Microphone Properties and choose the ‘Advanced Tab”.
- Go to the Exclusive Mode on the same page and deselect the checkbox.
- Press ‘Apply’ to make a confirmation.
- Quit Discord
Now, check the MIC is working or not. To communicate with others user in discord. You also try Muxy that allows customizing alerts for twitch your discord server. And now you can know how you are doing your communication.
Reset Audio Setting: Discord Can’t Hear Anyone
This tip includes the highest chance to succeed to fix when Discord can’t hear anyone. Come across these privileges over the Discord desktop app or desktop version. It can resume the main functionality of the Discord. The following tips will help you to overcome the issue if your discord audio not working.
Let’s know-how will you reset voice settings in Discord if your MIC not working.
- If your Discord no sound, go to the settings on discord or User Settings icon at the bottom of your Discord windows’ left side corner. Next Right Click on the icon to open the next page.
- Now you will get Voice & Video option under the App setting. Press on the voice video settings & video’ option.
- Enter the new page with the reset settings option. Go to down the mouse at the bottom and click on that button.
- After that, you will see two options ‘cancel’ and ‘okay.’ Press the okay button to confirm and wait for the Discord to reinitialize.
- If the glitch is removed, reconnect the headset and see discord audio not working or work. In this way it won’t work, you can try the TeamSpeak window.
- Quit Discord
Push to Talk:Discord Can’t Hear Anyone
Have you seen that all the methods that are discussing till now. All tips aren’t working against the issue discord, not recognizing mic? So, let’s try to apply this last method. It has a great chance to succeed in solving the issue that Discord can’t hear anyone. Adjust the Input mode such as ‘Voice activity’ plus ‘Push to talk.’
How? Go through the quick guide below to use Push to talk in the Discord.
- MIC not working? First, find the way to the ‘User Settings’.
- Now click on the Voice & video option under the App setting menu.
- Now you have got the voice activity to push to talk’ option at the bottom of the page. Press the button.
- Here you will get the Sensitivity bar to the Shortcut box.
- When you hover on the box, it will permit you to press Edit Keybind.
- As a result, it’ll start recording that is the signal to press the mouse button as the Push to talk key.
- At last, click on the Stop recording, and your task is finished.
- Now you have to check the issue mic not working on discord has solved or not.
- Now play games.
In this troubleshooting guide, we have shared a few useful solutions to solve the issue of Discord MIC not working. After applying the following tips and tricks. If you don’t have the right answer, you need to reinstall the Discord app and check still the issue stays or not. If you see the same problem, you have to get official support.