Permanently unlink skype from Microsoft account, don’t you? As you have come to this page, you are searching for how to delete skype accounts.
Yes, you are placed now, where we will talk about how to close skype windows 10. If you have a Skype account and whatever use like PC, Mac, Android.
Skype is one of the oldest VoIP applications. Over the years, the Skype application has gathered thousands of more users than others like Google Hangouts or WhatsApp.
Despite such more popularity or an easy way to use, the time has come when you felt no need for the VoIP service provider anymore or desire to get another rich-features.
Now you think it is an easy task, just click on the “delete my account,“ and you can close Skype accounts. No way, it is not a matter of only one right click.
There have a few deletion processes that have to complete one by one. Please keep reading the detail of this article and know about them how to delete a skype account permanently from your device.
Unlink Microsoft Account Before Delete Skype Account
The primary way to close skype account is to unlink the Microsoft account. Its means are to deactivate other facilities like Xbox Live, Outlook com, and so on associated with the Microsoft accounts.
But if you don’t want to delete your Microsoft account, you can hide the Skype account to make it visible in search directory search.
- Step-1:Go to Microsoft com in a web browser. This will take you to the Microsoft login page. The simplest way to deactivate a Skype account is to dele the Microsoft account.
- Unlinking the Microsoft account will also erase the associated Outlook.com, hotmail.com, or email address.
- If the Microsoft account associated with any Microsoft product subscription, you don’t need to have access to the product longer.
- Step-2:Type email in the blank space with the Microsoft account and then press your blue bar magic button “Next.”
- Step-3:Type your password to sign in to the Microsoft account.
- Step-4:Press “email” or “Text message,” and you will get a verification code in your email address or your phone number to the Microsoft account if you enter your mobile number.
- Step-5:Get back the identifiable details depending on the selection option.
- Message – Open the phone message and open the message that you got from Microsoft. Here you will get a six-digit code as a security code.
- Email – Open the email account. Check your inbox where you got a new mail entitled “Microsoft account security code.” Here review a security code of the seven-digit middle option of the heading. Or you can check the update or spam folder to get the mail.
- Step-6:Type the getting verification code into the text box near the web browser tab that you are now using to close skype account.
- Step-7:Now, click the verify button that you see in the green button on the right side of the screen’s bottom corner. It’ll take you to the “Ready to close” page.
- You may need to tap on the ‘No Thanks option following the page before reaching the ‘ready to close’ page.
- Step-8:Now press the ‘Next’ button that you can see at the bottom and left side of the “Make sure [name] is ready to close” page. This page will tell you to complete some actions before deleting your account. The actions are:
- Cancel the active subscriptions that you have got by Microsoft account.
- Cancel business services which you have acquired by Microsoft account.
- Save the Health Vault records or contact list.
- Use up remaining billing payments.
- Associate the automatic email replies.
- Turn off the Reset protection on your device screen.
- Step-9:Tap every checkbox to the left side of the page.
- Step-10:Press the button ‘Select a reason’ from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the present page. Then press a reason to close the Skype account.
Here you can tap ‘My reason isn’t listed if you don’t want to mention any reason.
- Step-11:Now, you will see a green button of ‘Mark account for closure’ that will remain at the bottom and left corner of the display. Click on the button to close skype account. 60 day waiting period of deletion request, your Skype account will delete permanently.
Skype Delete Account: How To Deactivate Skype Account
If you have multiple Skype account or want your skype to delete the account for any reason, you must first deactivate your account. For this, you have to go to the settings on Skype and deactivate. Details below step by step about how to deactivate the Skype account permanently.
- Go to the skype.com web browser. Using this Skype website, you can edit your skype profile.
- Press the sign-in button that you will see at the right die of the upper into this page. Here the page will show a dropdown menu.
- Now press the button ‘My Account.’ If you can’t sign in automatically to the Microsoft account, you should redirect the sign-in page.
Type your email address with the Skype account and then tap the ‘Next’ button. Then press your password and next tap ‘Sign in’ option.
- Click the ‘Edit profile button’ scrolling down the down menu. ‘Settings and preference” is the first option on this page.
- Go to the ‘Profile settings.’ It is the option that will help you to hide your Skype account or personal details info. It also helps you deactivate your Skype account from the public view without deleting your Microsoft account entirely.
Read more: How to Delete SoundCloud Account.
Lazy Guide: How To Delete Skype Account On PC
If you need to close skype account profile, you need to login to your Skype profile and go to settings to deactivate your account. You may have to wait up to 60 days for your profile to close. We have elaborated on it below.
- Start your journey to close skype account by finding the skype profile picture icon that you will find at the top-left corner. Right click on the button and select the setting option from the dropdown menu.
- Now the ‘Account & profile menu’ option will open.
- Click on the ‘Close your account’ option. Now Skype will ask to verify the identity of yours. It’ll happen in several ways, like sending confirmation messages or emails with verification code into your phone or windows or PC. About this, we have talked previously in this post.
- You should re-enter the password and verify the account using an email or message to take your next pop up menu.
- Read the new pop up menu and follow the following article if any one of the screen instructions will be relevant to you. Now you can be closed the Microsoft window but take care of another account before moving on. To continue your journey click on the ‘next’ button.
- After that popup menu, show you a checklist that will ensure close a skype account. If you don’t continue another Microsoft service, this list will be inappropriate for you.
If you have, review to ensure that you desire to delete Skype account. Then you need to select the reason to close skype account from the drop-down menu.
- Now press on the ‘Mark account’ to close.
- At last, you have to wait 60 days to delete Skype profile permanently without the Microsoft account.
Read more: How to Cancel Blue Apron Subscription
How to Delete Skype Account on Android or iOS
How to delete Skype account on Android or ios? If you want to skype delete account from Android, go to settings after go to account & profile and close the profile. You can read the following points to see the details.
- Open your Skype app on your Android.
- Tap the Skype name or profiles name
- Press the gear icon that will take you ‘Setting’ option, and you will find it at the upper side of the right corner.
- Click on the ‘Account & profiles’ option.
- After that, press the ‘Close your Account’ option.
- Now you will get a message on your mobile number to verify your identity.
- Follow the instruction and verify your identity by taping the four-digit code.
- A new page will you see and read the whole list and tap the ‘next’ button.
- Scratch the checkbox with a list of the reason. Here you can follow previous tips that already share in this post before steps.
- At last, press on the ‘mark accounts for closure.’ Now you have completed all steps correctly, but it is time to wait at least 60 days to delete a Skype account from your Android permanently.
How To Delete Skype Account From Login
how to delete skype account from login? Yes, it is possible.
- To close skype account from the login screen, at first close your Skype and then click your windows ‘Start’ menu.
- Now type ‘Run’ and then click ‘Enter.’
- After that, type ‘%appdata%\Skype,’ then press on the ‘OK’ button.
- At this time, you have to delete the folder and the name of the Skype account.
Take away the Username from the Skype list
- Open the homepage and then log in to your Skype account.
- Next press the ‘Account & password.’
- Tap on the ‘skype delete account.’
- To delete Skype account, this formula will take at least 15 days. This is the best way to close skype account from login.
Turn More Dedicated Option For Privacy
When you close a Skype account only for privacy fear, you should not go back from there. You must deactivate the Skype account immediately. Privacy risks can’t vanish as you erase your profile. There have several ways that cybercriminal will use to give treat the online privacy of yours.
Therefore, you should set up your game and have to minimize the online data. You also can make your device and data so stronger with PureVPN.
Hopefully, spending your valuable time hasn’t waste with this article. We also hope you have better tips and tricks to delete skype accounts on windows, PC, laptops, and even in your Android.
You also read to know how to stop Skype from lowering volume.